Date:      26 Jun 1999 13:55:57 +0200
From:      Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bt848 channel frequencies

Juha Nurmela <junki@qn-lpr2-98.quicknet.inet.fi> writes:
>  Meaning, the db would provide (customizable) defaults for vision
> and sound, if none were provided by individual apps.

Yep, agreed.

> Also, the datatype for 'frequency' should be wide enough for
> satellite and long-wave work, from few kHz to tens of GHz.

I believe your typical "long" scales to 4.2 GHz if the unit is a
single Hz. Does anyone know of tuning applications that would require
a granularity smaller than one KHz? What about the different radio
bands, for example?

Or would it be better to use a 64-bit type to represent frequencies?
Then we could go from uHz to GHz without problems.. :-)

--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld