Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:03:37 -0700
From:      "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        "Joshua Lewis" <joshua.lewis@familyfunzone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacing windows XP at home.

On 7/26/06, Joshua Lewis <joshua.lewis@familyfunzone.net> wrote:

>    I have a hard question to ask and I realize that there are a thousand
>    answers to this question.
>

>    I am replacing my XP system with a FreeBSD 6.1 system. I finished
>    installing it last night and cvsuped. Now I need to choose a window
>    manager.

I use KDE, a large part of the reason is the apps. Opera, Amarok, K3B,
Qalculate, Quanta Plus, Koffice 1.5, Kaffeine, Konsole, Kate/Kdevelop,
KPatience. I could keep going... anyways... I came to KDE in a round
about way, my general path looks something like this:

Apple IIgs --> DOS/Win3.x/Win9x/WinNT --> RadHat 5 --> SuSE --> Win2k
--> Linux --> Gnome/FreeBSD 4.7 --> XFCE/FreeBSD --> KDE/FreeBSD
5.3+/6.x.

I should also add that I regularly use Mac OS X by choice at work. I
think the best suggestion I can offer you is to try everything.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/