Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:53:06 -0600
From:      Jet Nul <jetnul@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   circumventing default route through loopback

Hi!!

I have problem for which I'm sure there is
a simple and PROPER solution -- please help!

The problem is, I have set up my Apache server,
but have only my machine for testing.  Although
I'm online, requests from my browser typically
end up "redirected" through 127.0.0.1 (lo0).
This is inconvenient, since things which work
from home have proven unreliable from remote.

Specifically, I have a web page hosted by
my ISP, but it is too small, so I redirect
back to by dynamic IP from there.  In order
to test this, it is critical to circumvent
loopback "short-circuit".

Can anyone help me?  I've really been trying
hard to find the answer...

(I'm actually running OpenBSD, but they don't
care to answer this on misc@openbsd.org.)

Very Much Thanks in advance,
-Jet