Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:59:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, chris@netmonger.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: btokup().. patch to STYLE(9) (fwd)

> style(9) is not KNF, and never was intended to be.  It's a FreeBSD style
> guide that bears similarity to KNF because that's what it used as a
> starting point.

I think we can safely presume that Bruce has been overruled on this
one.  If the collective definition is different than his, and it seems
to be, then the collective definition prevails.  I very much enjoy the
work Bruce does in keeping us honest in various ways, but I don't
recall ever handing him the keys to the city and carte blanche over
all commits. :-)

- Jordan