Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2014 09:31:46 -0700
From:      Navdeep Parhar <np@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] Add support for changing the flow ID of TCP connections

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 04:36:53PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 07/08/14 21:17, Navdeep Parhar wrote:
> >
> >I think we need to design this to be as generic as possible.  I have
> >quite a bit of code that does this stuff but I haven't pushed it
> >upstream or even offered it for review (yet).
> >

> Hi,
>
> When will the non hardware related patches be available for review?
> I understand there are multiple ways to reach the same goal, and I
> think it would be great if we could agree on a common API for
> applications.

Here is the kernel side of the patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~np/flow_pacing_kern.diff

The registration parameters and the throttling parameters are probably
cxgbe-centric, because that's what it was written for.  We'll need to
tidy up those structs certainly.  And I'd like to add pps constraints to
the throttling parameters (all it does is bandwidth right now).

Regards,
Navdeep