Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:19:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@corbulon.video-collage.com>
To:        scottl@samsco.org (Scott Long)
Cc:        amd64@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64+gdb -- instant reboot (BETA5 and 4)

> It's definitely not known. Any chance you could hook up a serial
> console to log the output. It'll be pretty hard to debug otherwise.
> Sounds like you're likely getting a triple fault.

I tried to set up the serial console today and could not. What I thought
is a null modem cable, apparently, is not...

Is there not a single person on these lists with an amd64 already
connected via a serial console? The bug is extremely easy to reproduce
-- just try to run timidity from inside gdb, stop it, and try to exit...

I do not see this bug in the 6.0R/todo.html and am worried, 6.0 will
ship with the bug in it...

	-mi