Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:43:59 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@qualys.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ioctl error at boot

	Hi,

I have a strange error at boot on my 4.1.1-STABLE system and this, since
4.0-RELEASE. I have a message that tells me that the ioctl() call SIOCDIFADDR
has failed. It is done while setting the hostname.

/usr/include/sys/sockio.h tells this :

#define SIOCDIFADDR      _IOW('i', 25, struct ifreq)    /* delete IF addr */

I noticed the same problem on five different machines, all running
FreeBSD 4.x and all having a standard ne2k NIC. Does anyone encountered the same
problem ? It's not a real problem since the ethernet card works well otherwise,
but since it's very old... ;)

Thanks !
--
Maxime Henrion