Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:00:41 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stdout -determining size of??

In the last episode (Sep 22), David Southwell said:
> How is the the size of stdout controlled.
>
> My query comes about because I had a shell running for ages with unlimited
> history and found it had gobbled uyp all the space available to stdout!!!

Could you provide the error message that made you think that stdout has
a limit?  "stdout" could be anything: tty, socket, pipe, file, etc.  If
you have redirected stdout from a script to a file, like "ls > ls.txt",
then it's possible that you filled up a filesystem.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com