Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:20:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/41709: New port: graphics/povray35

The following reply was made to PR ports/41709; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To: Nakata Maho <chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, kris@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:25:50 -0300

 	I have a few suggestions regarding this:

 On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 06:26:01AM -0700, Nakata Maho wrote:

 > However I have some problems for ports:
 > 1. this software automatically installes many documents.
 >    FreeBSD's ports system requires user selectivity
 >    for installation for them.

 	This should be patched before this port is added.
 Some patch magic will probably do this. Any takers? Kris?  I have
 not checked the port to see how complex this could be.

 > 2. may not be very stable. So I recommend that
 >    povray, povray31, povray35 should be co-exist.
 >    (However, I heard a rumour about povray31, which
 >    seems to be unstable?)

 	I move that povray is repo copied to povray30 if ppl think
 that it is worthy keeping in the tree.  And that povray port be
 updated to latest 3.5 version.

 	By the way, thanks for working on porting such a great
 application. :)

 	My 2 cents,

 --
 Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
 Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer