Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 15:37:20 -0400
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cs.mcgill.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PXE Booting?

Hi All,
	I've been charged with looking at diskless booting with
FreeBSD.  I've got two Intel Pro100 cards that seem to support PXE
booting.  From what I gather, it isn't as easy as I hoped.

	From the Intel documentation and from
http://www2.im.uec.ac.jp/~fukuhara/pxe/pxe-freebsd.txt I've gathered
that it fetches a file before it gets the kernel.  With the Intel SDK,
this file looks for a PXE server and offers a menu to choose but I
suspect that their implmentation is linux only.  From the web page
above, it seems that I need to build a special binary that grabs
etherboot.
	Is there an easier way?  Has anyone done this before?

	Thanks,
	--Mat