Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:11:43 -0600
From:      Chuck Paterson <cp@bsdi.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what to do with softinterrupts?

Alfred Perlstein wrote on: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:44:08 PDT
}At a glance they just seem to be globals that ought to wind uo on
}the stack and passed down through the protocol levels/functions.
}I understand that they contain state that must be saved for the
}packet processing run thought ip_input->tcp_input.  I do need to
}study the interaction more carefully, but is this not the case?
}

I believe that you are fundamentally correct. My specific
knowledge is limited to noting the existance of these globals.
Chuck