Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2018 21:17:03 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        "Oliver Pinter" <oliver.pinter@hardenedbsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VNET related kernel panic on jail startup with epairs on 11-STABLE

On 3 Aug 2018, at 20:42, Oliver Pinter wrote:

> On 8/3/18, Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:
>> On 3 Aug 2018, at 18:48, Oliver Pinter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> One of out users observed an VNET related kernel panic with epairs
>>> in
>>> a jail. Seems like some of the
>>
>> Well would be great for a start to (a) email virtualisation@ as well,
>> (b) include a panic message, backtrace or other related information
>> deduce anything about the possible bug, (c) and not to conflate it
>> with
>> another totally unrelated MFC request.
>>
>> So what makes you think it’s related to tcp fast open?
>
> Every required detail is in HardenedBSD's github issue, but I copy the
> kernel panic here:

Ah sorry my bad;  the issue said ZFS in the subject and I thought it
refers to something else.

Thanks! Looking at the backtrace it seems it is happening on teardown
and not on startup but indeed in the fast open code and that PR 216613
indeed fixed this in head, good :)  Hope Patrick will do the mfc for
you.

/bz