Date:      Sat, 2 May 1998 01:44:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Socket 7 motherboards

Hi everyone,

	We're planning to build a whole new FreeBSD machine using either a
AMD K6 or Pentium MMX CPU with 128 megs of memory.  Since Intel 430HX
motherboards are hard to find and our only choice from Intel is the 430TX
which doesn't cache above 64meg, how good are the VIA chipset based
motherboards and do they work well with FreeBSD?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]