Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:04:20 -0800
From:      Saint Aardvark the Carpeted <aardvark@saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com>
To:        Jesse Guardiani <jesse@wingnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux binary equivalent to ldd?

Jesse Guardiani disturbed my sleep to write:
> How do I get info similar to what ldd gives out of a linux
> binary? If I run this:
>
>     /usr/compat/linux/usr/bin/ldd /usr/local/lib/RealPlayer8/rpnp.so
>
> I get this:
>
> /usr/compat/linux/usr/bin/ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: not found
> ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 $exited with unknown exit code (127)
> Exit 1

Hm...if you've got the Linux compatibility stuff, you should (I think)
have this too.  Try:

	locate ld-linux.so.2

On my system, it shows it as being a symlink to
/usr/compat/linux/lib/ld-2.2.4.so.  Assuming it shows up, try

	/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p | grep ld-linux

just to confirm that ldd really can't find it.  If it's not listed, try
running:

	/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig

to update the list of libraries it knows about.

Usually that should be done at boot-time by the /etc/rc script -- have
you got the right option set in /etc/rc.conf?  (linux_enable="YES")

Hope that helps,
Hugh
--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted