Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 00:19:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@colltech.com>
To:        leegold <goldtech@worldpost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help w/install FBSD4.0

My advice, install with the default kernel and then later you can use the
output of "dmesg" to get a fairly accurate hardware list and build a
custom kernel.  If you're intent is to optimize you'll be building a
custom kernel soon enough as the default install has support for things
like the x87 emulator.

--
Jim