Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 12:21:13 PDT
From:      "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   about ftp server

Hi,

I got a wierd problem when I set up a ftp server for FreeBSD installation.

I put all the source into /usr/ftp/FreeBSD/3.4-STABLE. The installation
client can connect to the server, but can't reach the directory
~/FreeBSD/3.4-STABLE. The client can reach the directory of ~/FreeBSD and
started to install. In these scenario, I can't put the 3.3-release into
~/FreeBSD/3.3-RELEASE. The installation client can't distinguish the source
belongs to which one.

I have changed the home directory of anonymous ftp to /usr/ftp
and changed the "ownership and group" of 3.4-STABLE to "root and operator".
It's the same result.

Can anyone give me a suggestion? Thanks.

Jerry