Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 18:25:59 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which LAN PCCARD for FreeBSD (no PAO!)

Thread like this is repeated many times...  We should clearify what is
problem about this.  I don't like flames like this.

Nate Williams wrote:
> No no no.  You got it all wrong.  PAO support is buggy, FreeBSD APM is
> good, and PCCARD support is limited. :) :) :)

Nate, I think what you want to say about "PAO support is buggy" is an
approach for bus-architectural things and handling of kernel options.

I think you didn't say "everything in PAO is not useful", right?

Motoyuki Konno wrote:
> Why do you think "PAO support is buggy"?  Do you read the recent
> PAO patch?  If you found bugs in PAO, please list up them.

IMHO, PAO has much of "work around" approach to solve problem.  And PAO
has much of "#ifdef"s for experimental and product specific codes.  I
don't know who maintains these codes and whether
currently used or not.

PAO has Japanese version of man page for pccardc.  Should we translate
it into English?

We should re-hack PAO code to separate by functionallity.  And let's
post -mobile and -current for reviewing.

--
Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
            // kuriyama@FreeBSD.ORG