Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:12:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        rwm@MPGN.COM (Rob Miracle)
Subject:   Re: Keeping up with this thing

As Rob Miracle wrote:

> I read the FAQ and the handbook and I still have some confusion about
> how to keep my system semi recent without catching things in a state
> of flux.

By subscribing to freebsd-current@freebsd.org, and rebuilding the
systems only if you are feeling that the chances for a working
environment are good.

Sacrifice the disk space for the CVS tree.  This gives you the option
to update parts of the system to a known date, or to pull just a
single fix that you are seriously needing, without risking too much by
upgrading everything.

If you want a stable system, never upgrade, but only apply those bug
fixes you know you need. ;-)

--
cheers, J"org