Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:51:22 +0100
From:      Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Dell TrueMobile 1180 802.11b

+ Jacques Caron <Jacques.Caron@IPsector.com>:

[this was about six weeks ago]

| Dell just started shipping the new 1180 which is Broadcom-based. As
| far as I know, there's no driver for it yet, and Broadcom are not
| very responsive when it comes to asking for detailed documentation
| to write a driver...

Indeed.  Broadcom seems very difficult to contact.  If you email them,
you just get an automated response telling you to use their web form.
I filled one in on 2 January, but never heard anything.  Maybe it
would be better to try snail mail?  Or perhaps one of the established
FreeBSD developers might have more success?  (Or would it even make
sense to ask Dell instead?)

- Harald