Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:04:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter <petermatulis@yahoo.ca>
To:        "Bj�rn" "K�nig" <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how do I create partitions?

--- Bj�rn K�nig <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Peter schrieb:
> > What tool allows me to boot on some media (cd, fd) and create
> partitions
> > of various types (for FreeBSD, Windows 98/2000 at least) and sizes (in
> sectors)?
>
> You can use the "bootonly" CD to do this task.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.0/6.0-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso

Thanks, I'm going to try this.  One last part of the puzzle remains:

Given that, on a windows client, I have backed up the partition the OS and
its applications reside on.
Given that the client's disk becomes unusable.
Given that I can recreate the correct partition size and type with this
CD.

What is the best way to set up the MBR of the windows client so it will
boot?  An aborted Windows install?