Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:45:34 -0600
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WYSIWYG word processor needed

On Friday, 22 October 1999 at  4:52:06 +0100, J McKitrick wrote:
> I know i asked this before, but AbiWord has an annoying bug when i
> hit the space bar..  Are there any other good free WPs worth
> checking out for FBSD?  I'm tring to avoid staroffice if possible,
> as well as wordperfect, unless it is overwhelmingly suggested.

Last week, Applixware was released for FreeBSD.  I've tried it, and it
doesn't seem as painful as WP or StarOffice, though I think that all
GUI word processors are painful.  But if you're looking for that sort
of thing, you might like Applix.  Sorry, I don't have a URL (I'm in a
plane at the moment), but I don't expect you'd have difficulty finding
it.

Greg