Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:06:07 +0200
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jappe reuling <jappe@lowlife.org>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: hosting a second nl freebsd mirror

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 11:35:47AM +0100, jappe reuling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At my company we are interested in hosting a FreeBSD mirror. How mutch
> bandwith does such a mirror use? Is this terabytes of just gigabytes? What
> kind of diskspace does it use? Is this just a few gig's or should we buy a
> new harddisk? How doe we setup a mirror, must we cvs-up each few days from
> the main server?

The ftp mirror require at least 60 GB of disk space, and probably
100 GB would be a better figure, the cvsup mirror is smaller, and
probably fit a 9 GB disk.

Traffic on a cvsup mirror is low, a ftp mirror can use lots of
bandwidth when there's a new release.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)