Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:05:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <spidey@jsp.umontreal.ca>
To:        Dave Walton <walton@emusic.com>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Porting cdparanoia to FreeBSD

Great! It's motivating to see this kind of enthousiasm! I will try to port
it as soon as cdparanoia IV comes to my hand.

Anyone wants to help? I'm no FreeBSD I/O guru..  But I have the time to
learn!

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Dave Walton wrote:

> On 24 Feb 99, at 22:07, Dan Nelson wrote:
>
> > In the last episode (Feb 23), Spidey said:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to port cdparanoia to FreeBSD. cdparanoia is a what is commonly
> > > called a cd-ripper, and it is now for linux.
> >
> > Do we need a fourth CD ripper?  ports/audio/cdd and ports/audio/tosha
> > have worked fine for me, and for those of you cursed with IDE CDroms,
> > there is ports/audio/dagrab.
>

> Absolutely, yes!  Check out the FAQ at
> http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb/user/xiphmont/cdparanoia/
>
> Paranoia is the best program I've ever come across for getting
> good, clean rips out of darn near any drive you can lay your hands
> on.  I've used it to pull tracks off of drives that nothing else would
> work with, and from drives that supposedly aren't capable of ripping.
>
> I'd be delighted to see a FreeBSD port of Paranoia, and as far as
> I'm concerned, it completely obsoletes those other rippers.

## Au nom de l'etat,         ##
## La force s'appelle droit. ##
## Au main de l'individu,    ##
## Elle se nomme crime.      ##