Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:13:48 +0100
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>, Greg Pavelcak <gpav@som.umass.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use/Utilize

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 09:35:35PM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:

> The quoted statement is out of context of the discussion, in
> which the poster was agreeing with a point I made, not refuting
> it.

When you repeatedly claim that there is confusion about whether the
GPL restricts running GPLed code I think it is perfectly in context to
provide a straightforward quote from the GPL that explicitly says it
does not restrict such things.

The whole flamewar about ambiguous use of English is a red herring,
because the GPL doesn't use the word "utilize", and hardly uses the word
"use" at all, and not in any cases where this affects the argument.

Tony.