Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 20:53:00 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        chaos@tgci.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (Fwd) Please help!  GENERIC98 kernel file

I always thought GENERIC98 was a kernel config for a PC98 machine, which are
apparently all the rage in Japan, 'intel' like, but not quite...

(i.e. I don't think you can / could use a GENERIC98 kernel on a standard Intel
PC? - or at least not well...)

If it's an Intel PC - and not a Japanese PC98 type machine - use GENERIC as
the base for the kernel config...

However someone will probably know differently...