Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:09:00 -0700
From:      "David P. Reese Jr." <daver@gomerbud.com>
To:        Guido Berhoerster <ich@guido-berhoerster.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with bktr on -current

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 03:35:17PM +0200, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> Hello,
> I've got some trouble with the bktr-driver on FreeBSD 5.x. With
> fxtv the video-output is distorted and choppy, it appears that
> only odd scanlines are redrawn regularly while even scanlines
> remain for like half a second as "ghost images". When the fxtv
> window is overlapped by some other window the video is only
> updated about every 30 seconds. When using mplayer's
> bsdbt848-driver I get an undistorted image but also choppy video.
> I wasn't able to test it with xawtv since it's still broken on
> 5.x.
> This is a regression over 4.x, where everything works flawlessly.
> I can reproduce these Problems on FreeBSD 5.0, 5.1, -CURRENT and
> also on NetBSD 1.6.1. So my guess is that this is related to some
> more recent patches which have been applied to FreeBSD 5.x and
> NetBSD 1.6.1 but not FreeBSD 4.8.
> Does anybody have similar problems or does anybody know what
> changes might have caused this problem?

I had a very similar problem a couple of months ago.  I recall that my
problem had to do with the kernel and fxtv being built with different
headers.  Are you building fxtv from scratch on each system or using the
same binary?

--
   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver@gomerbud.com