Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 1995 00:04:01 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        kallio@jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is: "telnetd: All network ports in use."

Seppo Kallio stands accused of saying:

> What is: "telnetd: All network ports in use." I had 16 net users.

It is a FAQ.

> Could someone tell if I have to change some parameter in Kernel? Which one?
> Or is it some parameter in /etc/ ?

Change the pseudo-device pty 16  line in your kernel config to a higher
number.

> Seppo

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[