Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/30008: This document should be translated, commented and added

The following reply was made to PR docs/30008; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To: 3d@FreeBSD.org, marc.vanwoerkom@fernuni-hagen.de
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 19:18:29 +0200 (CEST)

 Scrive Marc van Woerkom <3d@hub.freebsd.org>:

 > Hi,
 >
 > no I had no time yet.
 > Should we split it?
 > It is easy to start with a raw translation
 > by babelfish or that GIST service from NS6/Mozilla.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Marc

 Hello Marc,

 Yes, we might split it into a couple of parts for translation purposes.  Just
 let me know on what part(s) you have begun to work.  I am not sure whether I
 will make use of Babelfish.  I read French fairly fluently -- and I have even
 been to France a few times.  The main problem for me will probably be to
 *properly* translate into English -- hopefully decent, or academic-like,
 prose. I am not sure Babelfish can help with this fine-tuning. :-)

 As far as the "credits" (if I may say so) are concerned, we could either say
 "translated by X & Y", or something along the lines of "Part A translated b X;
 Part B translated by Y".  No problems for me.  Not going to enter a copyright
 war. :-))

 At any rate, we should discuss possible terminology choices/problems (ie if
 any arise), so that the article will sound uniform.

 -- Salvo