Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:06:06 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [aoypcc@hotmail.com: help about fstab]

Quoting Decker Godfrey <tres@europe.com>:
 [000830 21:48]:
Decker Godfrey>
Decker Godfrey>On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:52:17 peter kok wrote:
Decker Godfrey>Hi all
Decker Godfrey>
Decker Godfrey>I changed the fstab file and reboot the computer
Decker Godfrey>but it has problem.
Decker Godfrey>
Decker Godfrey>how do I edit the file 'fstab' which is read only now
Decker Godfrey>I tried it chmod or mv and it did not work

I suggest you go through the procedure of getting into single user mode
and start sorting the problem from there.
Remember boot -s
If not www.freebsd.org/handbook

Good luck

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

Blessed are the people whose leaders can look destiny in the eye without
flinching but also without attempting to play God. -Henry Kissinger