Date:      Thu, 07 May 1998 13:09:11 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <egravel@elr346.ateng.az.honeywell.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD vs. Linux

I have installed Linux on one of my computers and am learning to use
it.  But I have also been hearing of FreeBSD for quite a while and am
now starting to inquire about it.  It seems that FreeBSD is more
reliable for networking applications (if I believe the info given on
the few websites I've visited).  I also know that there is a friendly
rivalry between Linux and FreeBSD users (what, you're using [...]? Get
a real OS!)  But through all that, I'd like to get a no-bullshit
comparison between both, just a few major differences that would make
a person chose one over the other (kinda like saying, if you only want
to use software, get a Mac, but if you want to program and play inside
the machine, get an Amiga).  If you could send me a small list of
different uses for each OS (which would be better as a workstation,
as a web server/proxy/firewall, etc, etc...) I'd very much appreciate
it.

Thanks in advance,

Emmanuel Gravel
egravel@elr346.ateng.az.honeywell.com