Date:      29 Dec 1998 17:30:52 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Anti-SPAM stuff

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> writes:

> Just use the RBL options now in sendmail 8.9.1a (which can be gotten
> from ftp.sendmail.org) - it offers a very easy out-of-box installation
> for FreeBSD and more up to date maps.  I heard very recently that
> gulf.net has also gone to the RBL and would like to have us retire the
> spam databases we used to use from them.

How do you suggest building a sendmail config with RBL and other
random features? I found the 3.0 "extras" in /etc/mail and their
associated install docs to be a bit out of sync with the actual files
(admittedly this was 3.0-BETA, the day before -RELEASE came out).

But I was at a loss for the "proper" way to create an .mc and turn it
into a .cf -- short of downloading and building sendmail outside the
/usr/src or /usr/ports tree. What's the team's recommendation?

Thanks.