Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:45:44 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE not easily scalable to large servers ... ?

First, alot of this stuff is slowly sinking in ... after repeatedly
reading it and waiting for the headache to disapate:)

But, one thing that I'm still not clear on ...

If I have 4Gig of RAM in a server, does it make any sense to have swap
space on that server also?  Again, from what I'm reading, I have a total
of 4Gig *aggregate* to work with, between RAM and swap, but its right here
that I'm confused right now ... basically, the closer to 4Gig of RAM you
get, the closer to 0 of swap you can have?