Date:      Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:32:11 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@haven.freebsd.dk>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [TEST/REVIEW]  boot0cfg/fdisk issue fix

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 04:44 pm, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> This is an attempt to fix an boot0cfg/fdisk issue which I have
> overlooked.
>
> The patch adds a g_ctl method to geom_mbr and makes boot0cfg and
> fdisk use it to modify the MBR if possible.
>
> Please test and report ASAP in order to get this solution into
> RELENG_6

Only thing I noted is that it seems that you changed boot0 to always only
write 512 bytes which means it will break trying to use boot0cfg to install
boot0ext (which is 2 sectors).  Perhaps you should check the filesize of the
boot you are writing and if it's > 512, write the other data with a write(2)
after the g_ctl()?  Perhaps I don't see quite understand what your g_ctl() is
doing though.