Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:03:52 +0100
From:      "Gunnarsson, Mikael" <Mikael.Gunnarsson@octapharma.se>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Thinkpad 240 power problems..

Hi!

I have an IBM Thinkpad 240 (Celeron based microlaptop) running F=
reeBSD 5.2-RELEASE. It works perfectly, except that I have to disable ACP=
I for it to boot. No biggie.

However, I have some problems with APM. I=
f I have APM disabled (via hint.apm.0.disabled=3D"1" in loader.conf) I ca=
n suspend the machine by closing the lid, and it will resume nicely when =
I open it again, except that USB doesn't work any more. I see "usb0: host=
 controller halted" in and I have to reboot the machine to get USB workin=
g again.

If I enable APM I see

apm0: <APM BIOS> on motherboard
ap=
m0: found APM BIOS v1.2, connected at v1.2

..but when I try to suspend=
 the machine I get..

rocky@pod:~$ sudo zzz
apm: ioctl(APMIO_SUSPEND):=
 Invalid argument

And nothing happens if I try to suspend by closing t=
he lid. I have apmd loaded, if that matters.

rocky@pod:~$ apm
APM ver=
sion: 1.2
APM Management: Disabled
AC Line status: on-line
Battery sta=
tus: charging
Remaining battery life: 87%
Remaining battery time: unkno=
wn
Number of batteries: 1
Battery 0:
        Battery status: charging
=
        Remaining battery life: 87%
        Remaining battery time: unkn=
own
APM Capabilities:
        global standby state
        global susp=
end state
        resume timer from suspend

Any help would be appreci=
ated.

/M
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidentia=
l and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom the=
y are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify t=
he system manager. This message contains confidential information and is =
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addresse=
e you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.