Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 04:08:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: load spike strangeness

FreeBSD <freebsd@gtonet.net> wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
 >>  > Overclocking is *NEVER* recommended
 >>
 >> Neither is posting anonymously (without a realname).
 >
 > Since when does an E-mail address require a "realname"?

It is not required, but it is a matter of good practice,
politeness, and netiquette.  It's a matter of being taken
serious, and of encouraging people to communicate.  This
is not a security issue at all.

 > become required, I'd prefer to "unsubscribe" than to give that info out, as
 > would any other intelligent person. I suggest you check your e-mail security
 > information again before babbling nonsense.

That's ridiculous.  You're making a fool of yourself.

You will not receive less spam when hiding your real name.
And using a real name does not prevent you from creating a
new account, if you think that's necessary.

 > Do
 > you also use you real full name on IRC?

Yes, I do.  For 5 years.  And there is no reason to hide it.
(I'm not a criminal who has to hide from the police or
something like that.)

 > "LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"

While I'm at it:  I don't like that quote either.  :-)

Goodbye
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)