Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:18:13 +0000
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        gljennjohn@googlemail.com
Cc:        ntarmos@cs.uoi.gr, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/vlc Compile failure on upgrade

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 15:17:21 +0000
>
> David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net> wrote:

> > > Which version of FreeBSD are you using?
> > >
> > > The posix_spawn_file_actions stuff didn't appear until 8.0.
> > >
> > > There's a patch under files for older versions of FreeBSD, but it looks
> > > like the patch doesn't match this version of vlc.
> >
> > Version is Freebsd 7.2 p3
> >
> > Somone also reported the identical failure with 7.3
>
> The apparently out-of-date patch is for all FreeBSD versions < 800040.

I have cc'd this to the maintainer...
Any chance of a "good" patch?

David

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network