Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 02:29:36 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        brian.scott@SLipmat.net (Brian Scott)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quotas and Mail Spool

On 2 Sep 1999 11:42:11 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.isp you wrote:

>I'm using sendmail w qpopper and have quotas set on
>/var/mail, problem is that it uses /var/mail to spool

There are two issues

1) You need to use procmail (or something that respects quotas) as a
replacement for mail.local

in /etc/sendmail.cf, try
Mlocal,        P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=10/30,
R=20/40,
                    T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                    A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

for the Mlocal line

In you popper Make file in /usr/ports/mail/popper, change the configure
args  to
CONFIGURE_ARGS=         --enable-apop=${PREFIX}/etc/popper/pop.auth \
                        --with-apopuid=pop \
                        --enable-servermode

i.e. add --enable-servermode

This will prevent popper from making a .pop file

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)