Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 18:33:31 +1000 (AEST)
From:      Steve Hearn <steveh@cetus.digicon-brs.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Subject.@janus.cat.csiro.au, install@cetus.digicon-brs.com.au;

I'm having trouble detecting my Adaptec 2940 UW PCI controller.
I believe the ahc0 is the appropriate device.

But I can't see that particular device (ahc0) anywhere in the list
as the machine boots.

1. Does anyone know at what point in the 'list' it should be:
   Should it be towards the end, following 'Probing for devices on PCI
   bus'?

2. Is it possible that that particular device isn't included in the
   generic kernel, and that I have to build a special kernel?

Steve Hearn
Exploration Geophysics Laboratory
University of Queensland
Brisbane