Date:      Sat, 8 Dec 2018 19:58:37 +0300
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Painfully slow compilation (read: "make buildworld buildkernel") on not-so-weak system

Hello Mateusz,

Saturday, December 8, 2018, 5:27:42 PM, you wrote:

>>  Looks like each next compiler invocation is slower and more stressful than
>> previous one.
> Is this a fresh install?
 Almost fresh. It was installed from some rather fresh 13 snapshot and then
upgraded to r341157 and custom kernel via source update. Now I'm trying to
update it second time without luck.

 First upgrade was not so painful, as far as I can remember :-)

> Can you please narrow the problem down to a specific kernel revision?
 I'm still not sure it is software or hardware problem.

> Most importantly, does this show up with a 12.0 kernel?
I didn't tried 12 kernel on this hardware.

> I'm running one amd box and a number of intel boxes with various cpus,
> no issues.
 Me too, but this is only one box which have 13 and try to compile
 something, all other boxes are either 11/12 or are small NanoBSD installations
 without toolchain...

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev@FreeBSD.org