Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 01:49:15 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q? "G=FCnther=20Schmidt" ?= <gue.schmidt@web.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: linux_glx-991127

Hi all,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.3 STABLE and XFree86 4.1.0 with DRI working according
to glxinfo. (What a pain that was). Have installed Quake III Arena in
/usr/compat/linux/usr/local/games/quake3.

According to FreeBSD Handbook, Linux Binary Compatability, a Linux Binary
will search for libs in /usr/compat/linux/LD_PATH first and then in FreeBSD
root/LD_PATH for shared libs. (Quake 3 Linux Binary looks for libGL.so).

In order to get Hardware Acceleration of my ATI Rage Pro I want Quake 3 to
find the FreeBSD native libGL.so which it actually does.

Unfortunately another problem occurs: ELF file OS ABI invalid.

From what I've read in the FreeBSD Handbook / Linux Binary Compatablity /
Advanced Topics section the Linux Binary should do just fine with FreeBSD
native shared libs.

What am I missing?

Guenther