Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 13:24:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        zaphod@imailbox.com
Cc:        kev@lab321.ru, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Old virus hoax was  NEW VIRUS

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, jtkipp@students.wisc.edu wrote:

> This one is my personal favorite. It makes me laugh every time I read it.
> (for those of you who have yet to see it.)
>
> (it's attached.)
>
> ciac.llnl.gov has a pretty clear handle on what is a hoax, and what is
> not.

	I used to view email viruses, like the Good Times Virus, as an
ammusing joke.  After all, what could email/plain text do?  Well, then
Microsoft created the ability to email word documents with Word macros
that are run when you open it.  Oh the horror!  MS realized the email
virus! If it's a bad idea, we can count on MS to be the first to bring it
to us.

	Adrian

> "And mama said, That's what you get for jumping on the bed!"
>         Jesse Kipp, zaphod@imailbox.com, jtkipp@students.wisc.edu

> > Won't this damned thing EVER die?

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,