Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:33:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@home.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Questions on making a port -- try 2

Let me try this again...

1. When building a new port, what is the preferred way of executing
   Configure? I see the following in current ports:

   a. Use the options "-sde -Dprefix=${PREFIX}"
   b. Using a prebuilt config.sh file

2. Is it considered an error if the Configure file still asks you a
   question when running with the "-sde" option? [i.e. I should ask
   the author to add a default?]

3. What is the preferred method for handling different versions within
   the port tree?

   a. Assume that only one version at a time would be installed.
   b. Rename the executable to have a version number. [If this is the
      case, how to you handle cleaning up multiple executables?]

Thanks,
-SR