Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:28:26 +1200
From:      Kit Mitchell <kit@xtra.co.nz>
To:        tront@cs.sfu.ca
Cc:        ari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>, jonc@pinnacle.co.nz, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd

Hi Russ

> fall.net1.cs{root}:ls
> FALL            LINT            PCCARD          files.i386      options.i386
> GENERIC         Makefile.i386   devices.i386    majors.i386
>
> fall.net1.cs{root}:fgrep IPFIRTEWALL FALL
> options         IPFIREWALL
> options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
>
> fall.net1.cs{root}:fgrep IPDIVERT FALL
> options         IPDIVERT        $ Divert sockets

I' ve just had the same problem on a 192.168.x.x pair of networks
but when I added
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy

options         "IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100" #limit verbosity
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT #allow everything by
options         IPFILTER                #kernel ipfilter support
options         IPFILTER_LOG            #ipfilter logging

I could get out again

Ooops, just noticed that I did default to accept I'm recompiling
without it but I figure it is the IPFIREWALL_FORWARD option that
did it.

Yep still get out

regards
Kit