Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "K. Greenwood" <k_greenwood1@yahoo.com>
To:        ringgo@rnpa-online.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3COM509B-UTP

--- ringgo@rnpa-online.net wrote:
> ep0: <3Com 3C509-TPO EtherLink III> at port
> 0x300-0x30f irq 10 on isa0
> ep0: No irq?!
> ep0: ep_alloc() failed! (6)
> device_probe_and_attach: ep0 attach returned 6
>
> Somebody can help for the right configuration for
> 3COM509B-UTP for FresBsd 4.2 release kernel
> configuration?
> Because I always got up there when my box booting

Since no one else has tried a response, I may as
well... but take what I say with a grain of salt.

First off, run the diagnostics that the card came with
(specifically 3c5x9cfg.exe through dos).

Allow it to configure (automatically set the
resources) and run the test.  Power down and bring BSD
back up...

If it still does not work go back into the diagnostic
program and change the plug and play from one to the
other.  Cycle the power and see what bsd says.

If it still doesn't work try manually selecting your
resources.

If, after all this, it still fails, did you know that
breaking a circuit board is (if done correctly and
under supervision) very stress relieving?

K. Greenwood