Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:54:37 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Richard (Rick) Seay" <rick.seay@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: portmaster-2.17 (on console)

On 1/25/2010 10:10 AM, Richard (Rick) Seay wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> First let me thank you for portmaster. It's a wonderful tool for
> managing ports.

Thank you for the kind words, it's nice to hear them. :)

> Today I updated to version 2.17.  I usually update my ports from the
> system console.  With the new version I get beeps and messages beginning
> with "0;".

Well that's bad, sorry. I did test this early on in process of adding
this feature, however I obviously changed something later that caused
the behavior you're seeing.

> I made the following change to a local copy of the script to get around
> the problem.  It works for me, but you probably have a more general
> solution.
>
> term_printf () {
>     case $TERM in
>     cons25) ;;
>     *) printf "\033]0;${0##*/}: ${PM_PARENT_PORT}${1}\007" ;;
>     esac
> }

Yes, I had something similar at one point then removed it because I
didn't think it was needed.

Someone else reported another (cosmetic) bug in the "prompt before
building" feature today as well, so I'm going to try and get a bugfix
version out ASAP, but that may not be until tomorrow since I have some
real life responsibilities today. I'll do my best though ....

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso