Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:41:57 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        Yoshihiro Ota <st96yb9t@drexel.edu>
Cc:        rjk191@psu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem mounting Linux Partition

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 02:24:05PM -0400, Yoshihiro Ota wrote:
> I have FreeBSD3.2 and I have no problem with it; read and wirte works fine.

Actually, EXT2FS works fine under 4.0 as well. The problem is you need to
enable sparse superblocks on the partitions you want to mount, otherwise
BSD has a kiniption fit trying to mount it.

I had similar problems under 3.x as described and the above was the fix I
used, works fine under 3.x and 4.0

Hope that helps.