Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 13:01:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FP/apache

I've had FP2000 and Apache 1.3.6 running on 3.4-stable just fine for a
few months. I've installed it again on a new 4.0-stable server and all
went smooth as glass with one exception. When accessing the rootweb or a ~
from a FrontPage windows client, the passwords aren't accepted. The error
in logs/error-log is like this.

fpadmin: authentication failure for "/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe":
password mismatch

I've followed the instructions at
http://www.freebsdzine.org/attic/199907/fp2k.txt

...to be sure I wasn't doing anything incorrectly from memory. Any clues
as to why the passwords would be saying it's a mismatch?

INFO:
4.0-stable
source install of Apache 1.3.6
source install of fp40.bsdi.tar.gz