Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 12:11:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        edd@aic.net
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX System

> Hallo,

> It is trademark and it is name of an operating system.
> Of course, FreeBSD doesn't certified by X/Open, but it doesn't matter, IMHO.

> I think there are no such thing as "Berkeley UNIX". If you refer to
> BSD, you have to write BSD (and indicate release),
> not UNIX. Because "UNIX" originally referred
> to System V, again, IMHO.

Didn't UNIX (tm) refer to the Unix (tm) Operating System from the time it
went from UNICS to Unix.

Bill

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 I'll run Win96 on my box when you pry the keyboard from my cold, dead
 hands.  FreeBSD, OS/2, CP/M, RT11, spoken here.