Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 2020 10:06:29 +0000
From:      Jon Schneider <freebsd@jschneider.net>
To:        Christos Chatzaras <chris@cretaforce.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP-FPM processes hang in UFS-state

I think this might be a job for DTrace which I don=E2=80=99t know enough to e=
xactly what to do but you probably want to trace use of all those functions y=
ou see in your traces and everything in UFS. Hint: do not send  DTrace outpu=
t to something on UFS !

You might also want to create a smaller test  case to induce the problem qui=
ckly.

Be interesting to hear what you discover.

Jon

> On 24 Oct 2020, at 13:28, Christos Chatzaras <chris@cretaforce.gr> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFThis issue happened in 3 different servers the last months.
>=20
> Some PHP-FPM processes hang in UFS-state.
>=20
> The websites that cause the hang are all Prestashop and it's related to th=
eir var/cache files (I believe it happens when they clear the cache and the f=
iles are regenerated).
>=20
>=20
> This is a php-fpm process that hang:
>=20
> procstat -kk 73548
>=20
>  PID    TID COMM                TDNAME              KSTACK
> 73548 100630 php-fpm             -                   mi_switch+0xe2 sleepq=
_wait+0x2c sleeplk+0x185 lockmgr_xlock_hard+0x1f5 __lockmgr_args+0x2bf ffs_l=
ock+0xa5 VOP_LOCK1_APV+0x7c _vn_lock+0x44 vget+0x4a vfs_hash_get+0xb0 ffs_vg=
etf+0x3f softdep_sync_buf+0xbee ffs_syncvnode+0x26f ffs_truncate+0x71b ufs_d=
irenter+0x5f8 ufs_makeinode+0x5fb ufs_create+0x34 VOP_CREATE_APV+0x76=20
>=20
>=20
> procstat -kk -a :
>=20
> https://www.coderz.gr/ufs/procstat.txt
>=20
>=20
> mount | grep home :
>=20
> https://www.coderz.gr/ufs/mount.txt
>=20
>=20
> dumpfs /dev/mirror/gm0p7 :
>=20
> https://www.coderz.gr/ufs/dumpfs.txt
>=20
>=20
> I have to force reboot the server as /home is not possible to clean unmoun=
t. Then I run fsck which fixes some issues because of the unclean reboot. Th=
en I run fsck again that shows no errors. Then I mount /home and first renam=
e the cache folders and finally delete var/cache and allow it to regenerate p=
restashop files. But the same issue happens again after few days.