Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 01:10:58 +0000
From:      Dom Mitchell <dom@myrddin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>
Cc:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How's 3.0-current as an NFS client?

Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 08:22:54AM +0000, Dom Mitchell wrote:
> >
> > Personally, I'd still describe it as a tad flaky.  It works for most
> > things, but at present, there are at least 3 things I can do with an
> > nfs mounted home directory that cause the box to hang.  These include
> > starting netscape or xcopilot and sending mail with MH (a bit bizzare
> > that last one, I'll admit).  These are mostly just minor annyoances
> > for me at the moment which I can live with, but I'd beware of putting
> > a heavy NFS load on it.
> >
> > This is with a current compiled each Monday morning.
>
> I run 3.0 about as current as you every day as an NFS client, and I have
> seen no issues for months. The NFS server in my case is a SPARC Solaris
> 2.5.1 box, and I am running NFSv2/UDP.
>
> What's your server?

Solaris 2.6.  NFSv2/UDP.

Actually, for all that, this week's -current appears to be running
netscape successfully again.  I think the last set of changes to the
nfs directory may have improved my stability qute a bit...
--
When I said "we", officer, I was referring to myself, the four young
ladies, and, of course, the goat.